Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
American Churches Inspiring or Entertaining
08-25-2014, 02:18 AM
Big Grin American Churches Inspiring or Entertaining
I almost stopped first at a larger church only a block from away from the tiny church I visited. The big brick church had a parking lot fairly full of automobiles and many folks have been going in as I drove by. I cant say what created me maintain driving but only a block away was a little white church with two men and women sitting on the front actions. As I slowed down to look at the church the two people waved to me and smiled. They beckoned for me to come in. I did.

When I entered that church there were only four individuals already there and no far more came in all through the complete service. I created the fifth individual but then I noticed beyond a doubt that there was a sixth presence there also, it was the Lord. One particular way I knew he was there was because of Christs personal promiseFor where two or 3 are gathered with each other in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20. The other way seems significantly a lot more subjective but to me was no much less reliable. I could feel the presence of the Lord there in reality it was so powerful I was practically overwhelmed.

The energy and sweetness of the Spirit I identified in that small church was for me one particular of my greatest experiences and it became a litmus test for me later in life. I have been to handful of churches given that then where the Spirit of God has moved so mightily.

Ive attended churches where thousands of voices rang out in song and flag dancers whirled around the area. Soloists with clarion voices and excellent pitch sang unique music and the preaching was polished to the nines. But typically I went away un-inspired and very certain that God was not as pleased with all the fanfare as the men and women who attended had been.

The late Vance Havner was a grand old-time evangelist who preached around the nation until his late seventies. He pulled no punches and spoke as a prophet to those who had ears to hear. He mentioned that todays church supplied individuals an experience but only delivered a performance. In my experiences in the church I have tested Havners statement and hardly ever have I found it to be faulty.

Entertainment is a multi-billion dollar organization in America these days. It is like a repair or an aphrodisiac to almost all Americans. Witness the tens of thousands of contestants who show up city by city to audition for factors like American Idol. To read additional information, we recommend you check out: look into pastor lee mcfarland. Everyone should either be sucking the spectaculars into their senses or helping to create them in some way. In the secular world this could all be understood by just taking into consideration the supply but when it leaks or in some instances pours into the church, it should raise some severe questions.

The idea of Christian Rap music, dancers and performers in church solutions, touring gospel choirs, and a myriad of other Hollywood style fluff is proof that there is a lot more of the world in the church than there is church in the planet. Browsing To division seemingly provides suggestions you could use with your uncle. Some contemporary theology may well discover a way to justify all this but the bible does not. If the church needs to borrow a vehicle to present the gospel to the globe then the energy of the gospel is not supplemented but it is supplanted. Adding the flash of the worldly to the gospel weakens it and is probably displeasing to God soon after allfor that which is very esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. Luke 16:15

Jesus said that if we lifted him up and simply proclaimed his gospel it would bring out the sheep. For supplementary information, people should take a look at: address. If we have to make it entertaining and gild it in gold and adorn it with buttons and bows then it is most likely not the gospel of Christ in its purest form. Jesus stated he was the Rock and the complete world was sinking sand so why then would we present him with a media that will be blown away just like the sinking sands in a flood?

When we borrow from the planet to present his gospel we insult its energy to stand by itself and do precisely what Jesus stated it would do. If you have an opinion about the world, you will perhaps require to research about lee mcfarland. It is nevertheless the old time gospel that saves guys and nothing at all a lot more. Yes, it can be adorned with every single type of flashy presentation available today but it is most likely to be buried by it alternatively. The Holy Spirit convicts men of sin and leads them to the door of grace he does not entertain their senses and lead them to the back door of the church with praises for the presentation. And if the presence of God in a church is any test at all, then it could be that in numerous circumstances he doesnt even show up in such places.

It is ideal said by the use of an old analogy I heard about an old man who tried to worship in the big church but was constantly turned away. He was abjectly poor and that was observed in his shabby appearance. All who entered the church have been effectively dressed and their culturally primarily based congregation looked sharp each and every particular person reflecting the very same level of accomplishment as their peers in that neighborhood. The solutions had been filled with praises sang from the projected songs from the computer displayed song sheet replete with moving pictures of ocean waves and mighty waterfalls against golden sunsets. Theatre productions, dancers, professionally educated and nicely rehearsed musicians played in symphonic perfection the modern songs of the day. But for the old gentlemen there was no entrance. He merely looked bad and was so shabby he was repeatedly turned away at the doors.

One Sunday morning right after becoming turned away yet after more he went behind the church and sat under a tree and wept. As he was sobbing Jesus Christ appeared to him and with a gentle voice mentioned why are you crying so sadly my son. He stated, Since I have been trying to get into that church for a long time just to worship you my Lord but they will never ever let me in. Jesus replied, Dont be also sad my son, I have been trying to get in that church also, and they have not let me in either..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply